Friday, July 10, 2009

LETTING GO

I will continue with my son joining the Air Force and say I am being selfish. I love the military but I am having a protective Mother moment. I will get more comfortable with the process of letting our children fly away.

I know it is normal for the little ones to grow up and fly away from our nest to make their own nest. I believe it is that way with nature.

I am going through this process of letting them go, more everyday. The old saying is to let them go, and if they love you, they will return. I believe we all have to do that to some degree.

4 comments:

Inday said...

Letting go is the hardest thing to do. You'll get by Kim. You would imagine how it was with me being a single mother. It is my trust to them and our faith in God that help make them stay on the line. And I am proud of them.

Inday said...

Kim,I got your FB message and copied it. Please delete it from the message box. I have also deleted the notification in my email box. To be safe than be sorry. I'll get back to you. Time for my church service. See when I come home. Take care.

LisaG said...

Seeing your children grow and leave you is never easy. However, it is somewhat a happy moment in that you know you raised them to be independent and the time has now come for them to be on their own.

Children don't necessarily leave you, they are alwasy there for you no matter what, once you have been a good parent them, and I am sure you have been Kim. :)

Jean Campbell said...

I just wandered in here (are you part of the Georgia Bloggers?), and saw this post. My mother laughed and laughed when I confessed to her that I had no idea that cutting apron strings was such painful surgery. My heart is with you.

My grandson sailed last week aboard yet another commercial vessel as part of his schooling, following in my son's footsteps to become a merchant mariner. You'll be so proud of that son, and you will survive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...