Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Reflections of 25 years



Reflecting again on 25 years of marriage,  as our anniversary approaches.  We want to make the day special by spending time together.  That does seem to slip away with marriage, children, jobs, life stuff.  Then where are we at.  Time has flown by and 25 years, where did they go? 

There is the good, bad, and ugly of marriage.  Times when I want to just choke him, and he could feel that way.  I doubt it but smile since I know he might get irritated with me??? why???

I need to remember the good times also.  When my incision after surgery was bleeding, he taped me up.  It did look like I was murdered, and the kids slept, until I went to the hospital.  That is a good memory now, afterwards.

"We should celebrate our anniversaries, as another year, we made it.  We did make a committment for life, to God, in those vows!"

8 comments:

Deborah Ann said...

Happy Anniversary! We're going on 30 years. Ah, where did the time go?

Beautiful Mess said...

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'
Into the future

That's what comes to mind as I ponder where 21 years of my life have gone :) Today is my daughter's birthday.

If someone told me in 21 years you are going to be a millionaire--I would think that is going to take FOREVER---yet I have just spent 21 years and it feels like a BLINK!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

OH how sweet! Happy Anniversary! May you be blessed with another 25 years!

Faith | UPrinting said...

It's not easy to work out and make it to the 25th year of marriage. There are many rocky roads, up and downs and hurricanes where you have to pass through and you made it that's why you are both together. I'm happy for you Kim. Happy 25th Anniversary! God Bless.

Felicia said...

wow! congrats on 25 years!! I dream of making that long and longer. It is so nice to see and hear from people who have been married that long. Gives me hope.

Enjoy your day together and remember all the goodo and the bad times!

Looking Best for the Dress said...

Hi! I started a new blog to document my weight loss journey. Since I want to be brutally honest, I've kept it anonymous - therefore can't invite my friends to read it. I'm looking for some followers so I have a little support in this. Check out my blog if you'd like! :)

Artsnark said...

Happy Anniversary!

fiftyodd said...

Yep, 33 years for us - sometimes feels like 5, sometimes 100 - but I wouldn't swop him or one minute of all those years.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...