Friday, August 20, 2010

Pulled from a bath tub

The nurses came to my home to help me with bathing.   They literally had to pull me out of the bath tub.

It is a horrible feeling when one cannot take care of ones personal hygiene.

I could not stand and was falling down often.  I was feeling like a wet noodle!

I sometimes had to have help with pulling up my pants as I tried to hold on and not fall.

To make things worse, I also became allergic to ACTH IV's.  It was the only meds they had back in the 1980-1990's.

Perfect timing for me.  The Betaseron injections came out!  There was a lottery to receive these new meds.  We were so thrilled.

These new meds have been a life saver for me.  I give God the credit behind the research personally.

When it looks dismal do not give up.  Keep Hoping!

14 comments:

Deborah Ann said...

Oh, Kim. You are so brave! Keep shining, my dear sister in Christ!

Eat To Live said...

Hi Kim,
Just checking in to see whats up.....Wow!!! that was some Friday flashback...not a good one either.
Deborah Ann is right, you are very brave. I don't know how you do it. My prayers go out to you. Terry

Weezer said...

How long ago was that, sweetie. I wish I were closer so I could come help. I know you're better now that you've gotten past the initial reactions of the shots. Right?

Karen said...

Amen! We can't give up...like you wrote...He is never late....

Denise said...

Praying love and many blessings over you dear one.

Jane said...

Many cyber hugs coming your way today!

Jane

Lily said...

Prayers for you!
~Lily
www.neverfadingwood.blogspot.com

Tea with Tiffany said...

I'm sorry for the MS battle. I can't imagine, but I know a friend who has it. There are good and bad days.

May God bring you help and healing today.

Rose said...

Hey! you do what ever you have to do to manage. I bet you would offer help if the situation were turned around. Love your spirit and faith. God Bless. rose.

Just Be Real said...

Kuddos to such bravery dear one. May your encouragement continue as you bless others with it.
Blessings.

Rose said...

jumping back. thanks for your comment on my blog re military. hope it's been a good day. rose

Velvet Over Steel said...

Kim, so very sorry you had to go through that. It would be aweful. I had to depend on someone else a few times in my life after some surgeries and I sure didn't like it.
Kim, you are such an inspiration to us ALL! Thank you for sharing and so glad that the shots, etc. worked for you!
Blessings and Big Hug,
Coreen

Connie Arnold said...

Thank you for sharing that, Kim. You've had such a tough time, but it has strengthened your spirit and your faith. Thank you for sharing the inspiration!

Glory to God said...

Kim -

Thank you so much for sharing. It sure does seem like you've been down a difficult road. But like you said, God gets the credit. He has been good to you. God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...