Friday, November 12, 2010

Veteran's Day Past/Present

Hubs saw this sign while in the Navy in the early 1980's.   Our young people were shocked at this attitude, when hubs told them this.

Fortunately society has a different attitude toward Veterans now!  Our Veterans deserve the utmost respect.  They give of themselves to allow us freedom.

A few decades later they receive respect.   This is a case of attitudes do get better, with time....

We had a wonderful day with our 2 fabulous kids.  A day of fun eating at nice Restaurants.   Sam's Club gave him a Hugo folding cane  (I hope to use it someday, maybe)

Time spent with family is enjoyed by me all.   Attitudes can change!

9 comments:

Eat To Live said...

I hope you can also use that cane one day..... then one day you will throw that cane away and walk all on your own. That is my wish for you!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh, that sign is horrible, how could such a thing have happened? I'm so glad to had a nice day with your kids eating out! We did the same thing last weekend, three restaraunt meals in a weekend! What restaurunts did you eat at?

Carol said...

I pray more change to come. Evil is seen and believed. Soldiers are taken care of as they take care of us. And you my dear person walk and run.

Rose said...

i'm glad that times and attitudeshave change. we should always honor our vets. sounds like a good day with family take care rose

mariel said...

Praise God for soldiers and our heart change toward them!! Thank you for sharing this.

Aries said...

Sounds like you have a great family day out. I love family day, hang out together, doing stuffs together, just lovely

fiftyodd said...

I'ts like the 'old South Africa' when the best beaches or park benches bore notices "Whites Only". Thank goodness those days are past.

LisaShaw said...

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your visit to my blog to read my precious friend Jackie's post.

Also, thank you to your husband for the service he gave to this great country. I'm saddened that signs like that existed but even more saddened by what I see today. Veterans and men and women who are serving active duty now don't receive half of what they should in many ways. I'm thankful for some change but praying for Christ-centered change.

Blessings to you and your family!!

Glory to God said...

Kim -

This is kind of funny. I was in the Navy and I can kind of relate to this.

It is good, though, that attitudes over the years have changed. It's sad that peoples' perspectives toward the military was so negative back then.

Glad that you...er I mean everyone had a good time. :)

God bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...