Thursday, April 28, 2016

My Spinning Wheelchair





I stood up to put my housecoat on when somehow it got hung over the knob while I had left the power on....on the joystick.  The chair started spinning and pulled the housecoat away from me!

I was able to jump away from the chair and not fall because my walker was nearby.  However the chair got ahold of my walker and drug the walker into my back but I didn't fall......but I felt beat up by a spinning wheelchair!

I finally got it stopped after several minutes of trying everything I could think of....late at night!

Looking back on it, I find it funny.......at least I avoided being knocked down by a spinning out of control power chair!

I did learn a safety lesson.....turn it off when not in use!


9 comments:

MadSnapper said...

oh noooooooo.. i am so happy you were not hurt and did not fall down. things like this do get funny afterwards.. i am seeing your chair running amuck all by itself..

Ruth Hiebert said...

Glad this turned out as well as it did.In hindsight these things seem funnier than when they happen.

diane b said...

Oh that must have been scary but funny in hindsight. You were attacked by a wheelchair.

Gail said...

Hi Kim- phew, close call. SO glad you held on and stood firm - good for you!
Love Gail
peace.....

Travelogue for the Universe said...

Scary! Glad you are OK. Yes, turn off when not in use. Have a great (safe) Spring!

sprinkles said...

Wow, that must've been really scary! I'm glad it all turned out OK in the end and that you can laugh about it.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

YIPES... You could have really gotten hurt.... Glad you are okay... Modern gadgets are wonderful when they work and do what we want them to do. Be Careful..

Hope you are enjoying SPRING...

Hugs,
Betsy

Connie Arnold said...

Wow, scary! So glad you didn't get hurt. It's good that you learned a lesson from the experience and can look back and laugh about it!

Small Kucing said...

Wow...that was a narrow escape. Could have had seriou injury.

Hahaha...ya if thinking on the bright side it is kinda funny...am imagining something in the line of mrs Doubftfire movie.

Have a nice and safe day, Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...